Uport tape driver ev.o disables line printer

Chris R. Lewis clewis at spectrix.UUCP
Sat Feb 13 09:12:51 AEST 1988

In article <1206 at qetzal.UUCP> root at qetzal.UUCP (Admin) writes:
>Has anybody else noticed that you cannot use the Microport
>Everex tape drive (ev.o) and a line printer at the same time?
>I would appreciate confirmation on this; right now I have
>an extra kernel I run when I have to do some printing.
>
>I am quite sure that I have set up the kernel configuration
>files correctly.

Chances are that they're using the same interrupt vectors.  On 386/ix
last I saw the Bell Tech Wangtek tape driver uses the same interrupt
as LP1.  Try switching the printer over to the other LP.
Alternately, try altering conf.c during build so that the interrupt
vector points at a new routine that has:

	myvector() {
	    evintr();
	    lpintr();
	}

By now ISC has probably enhanced config so that multiple drivers can
use the same interrupts.  They'd better have - there aren't very many
interrupts on those machines.  It's easy - after all, we do it on
Spectrix machines :-)
--
Chris Lewis, Spectrix Microsystems Inc,
UUCP: {uunet!mnetor, utcsri!utzoo, lsuc, yunexus}!spectrix!clewis