386 w/ locus-merge

Geoff Kuenning geoff at desint.UUCP
Tue Feb 16 15:01:58 AEST 1988

In article <384 at tness1.UUCP> mechsfm at tness1.UUCP (Shawn McDonald) writes:

> >Is anyone out there using an 80386 system running
> >Microport SV.3 and Locus' Merge?
>
> Not exactly, but close.  We are using an 80386 machine with Microport SV.3
> and Microport's DOSMerge.

Just for the record, Locus' Merge and Microport's DOSMerge are one and
the same.  Microport buys it from Locus.  In fact, every product I know
of that has Merge in the name (286 and 386) originates at Locus.  (I think,
though I don't know for sure, that Locus has trademarked the name "Merge".)

To my knowledge, there are only two companies doing DOS-under-UNIX right
now.  Locus' product is Merge;  Interactive Systems makes VP/ix.
--
	Geoff Kuenning   geoff at ITcorp.com   {uunet,trwrb}!desint!geoff