vanishing inodes

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.LBP.HARRIS.COM
Wed Oct 26 07:03:07 AEST 1988

In article <184 at trevan.UUCP> trevor at trevan.UUCP (trevor) writes:

>	A funny thing happened today to a file system I use for my news
>spool files. .....
>
>	I seem to remember some discusion of this on the news. Can anyone
>shed any light.

	Yeah - see if you can get a lengthy article that was in news.admin
recently.  It described the problem (bug in inode cache), how to test for it,
and what to do about it.  Email me if you don't still have it on your system.

Michael H. Warfield  (The Mad Wizard)	| gatech.edu!galbp!wittsend!mhw
  (404)  270-2123 / 270-2098		| mhw at wittsend.LBP.HARRIS.COM
An optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds.
A pessimist is sure of it!