SysV/AT awk problem: Usenet stats script

Tim Evans tkevans at fallst.UUCP
Sun Oct 9 03:23:12 AEST 1988

In article <602 at vector.UUCP>, chip at vector.UUCP (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
> In article <758 at cgh.UUCP> paul at cgh.UUCP (Paul Homchick) writes:
> >In article <706 at splut.UUCP> jay at splut.UUCP (Jay Maynard) writes:
> >>Has anyone out there gotten Erik Fair's Usenet stats awk script to run
> >>under Microport System V/AT?
>
> Yeah...same thing happens on SCO XENIX.

Don't know about Xenix, but the 8/31/86 Eric Fair script works just fine
on my SysV/AT, with the very minor exception of dropping the first
character of the entries on bad news groups received (i.e.,
"comp.unix.microporti" becomes "omp.unix.microport".

I'm running SysV/AT, version 2.2L--a pretty old one.  If anyone wants
a copy of the awk script I have, please send mail.

--
UUCP:  ...!{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!aplcen!wb3ffv!fallst!tkevans
OTHER: ...!attmail!fallst!tkevans