Microport Announces....

James Van Artsdalen james at bigtex.uucp
Wed Oct 12 23:41:51 AEST 1988

In article <4811 at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us>, zeeff at b-tech.UUCP (Jon Zeeff) wrote:

> I find Green Hill's gcc to compile much quicker and produce code about
> 20% faster (even on compress).  True, it doesn't work with some
> programs - GNU stuff, news 2.11, ksh.  Now if I can only get GNU gcc
> 1.29 to work on the '386.

This seems to raise the interesting question of what Green Hill's C
*does* work with!  As for GNU C, I have v1.29 up and running from a
first stage compile.  Seems to work compiling sendmail 5.59 anyway.
Please post a comparison when possible.  I don't think GNU C compiles
any quicker than PCC (with the optimizer anyway), but it produces
vastly better code.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen   ...!uunet!utastro!bigtex!james   "Live Free or Die"
Home: 512-346-2444 Work: 338-8789        9505 Arboretum Blvd Austin TX 78759