AT&T Device Driver Manuals (was Re: "UNIX Programming on the 80286/80386")

Kent Landfield kent at ssbell.UUCP
Mon Oct 31 11:51:01 AEST 1988

In article <913 at vsi.COM> friedl at vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
>In article <13398 at lll-winken.llnl.gov>, bowles at lll-crg.llnl.gov (Jeff A. Bowles) writes:
>>
>> This is the document AT&T offered for $4 before someone realized that
>> there was a price error in their database and they changed the price to
>> about $80(!). I ordered BEFORE the change, but they charged my AmEx
>> account the higher price - I'll let 'em slug it out. Be warned, though.
>
>I put up the original announcement about these AT&T Device Driver
>books, and the first prices were about $4 each.  They corrected this
>bug on or about Monday, 22-Aug-1988, so if you got caught in the
>same boat as Jeff did, you may want to check this date against
>your credit card bills.

After reading Steve's initial posting, I called AT&T within minutes. I had
the previous Device Driver manual and I knew it was a great buy. AT&T shipped
the books at the reduced rate but later charged my VISA account the entire
"current" price. I called AT&T to complained and they were extremely helpful.
They stated that they were honoring the price quoted and they submitted a
credit to my VISA for the overage. If this happens to you, call asap.
PS. Thanks Steve...

Kent Landfield                          Phone : (402) 291-8300
Sterling Software FSG/IMD               e-mail: uunet!btni!ugn!ssbell!kent
1404 Ft. Crook Rd. South                This space for rent....cheap!
Bellevue, NE. 68005-2969                FAX   : (402) 291-4362