Bell Tech W.G.E. use with "sissy" unix

Terry Hull terry at eecea.eece.ksu.edu
Tue Oct 4 12:11:09 AEST 1988

In article <438 at l5comp.UUCP> scotty at l5comp.UUCP (Scott Turner) writes:

>Sanity check, can you even USE the W.G.E. card?
>
>That isn't as silly as it sounds. The driver supplied for the card maps
>the 82786's registers into memory so they can be accessed rapidly and
>easily. But if your system has a SRAM cache you may be in for a VERY
>nasty surprise!
I have a Xenix system and now that streams is available for it I was
going to get the WGE card.  I have an Intel Inboard/386 with a cache.
Since it has a mixture of 16 and 32 bit memory, it would be very slow
without the cache.  Does this mean that I am doomed to no cache if I
want to use the WGE?  Bell Tech, do you have anything to say on this
point?  Also when are we going to see X11 for this board?
--
Terry Hull                    Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
                                           Kansas State University