'screen-saver not working?'

Alessandro Zorat zorat at ziggy.UUCP
Sat Oct 22 08:57:47 AEST 1988

I have microport Unix/386 running on a portable Compaq 386-20 and I am
fairly happy with the combination.
I have one question that maybe someone has solved already:
I have noticed that when in SINGLE user mode, the screen does indeed
blank out after the prescribed 10 min. of inactivity (specified via the
DOS command SETUP - there seems to be no way to do so under Unix).
However, when in MULTI user mode (init 2), the screen never goes blank.
I have tried to look at possible activities by the daemons, but
disabling cron and the lp scheduler did not get me anywhere.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanx.