Looking for Relational Database for uPort 386

Steve Neighorn neighorn at qiclab.UUCP
Sun Oct 16 11:19:38 AEST 1988

In article <136 at stab.se> bear at stab.se (Bjorn Sjoholm) writes:

>	I am looking for a relational database manager runnable
>	under Microport 386 UNIX. The database needs to have
>	a routine-package callable from C, and preferable
>	some kind of Query Language. One database manager
>	that would fit is Oracle, but it doesn't run under uPort yet.

I have been using Accell 1.3 (The development environment) and Unify
(The relational database) under Microport 386 Unix since April. The
price is $4500, and the support contract is $1500. It contains everything
you mentioned in your original message.

I have been using it to develop a database system to handle amino acid
analysis at the Oregon Health Sciences University.

As a disclaimer, I have no connection with Unify Corp other than as a
customer.
--
Steven C. Neighorn            !tektronix!{psu-cs,reed,ogcvax}!qiclab!neighorn
Intel Corporation            "Where we BUILD the Star Fighters that defend the