Support versus Bug Fixes

Scott Turner scotty at l5comp.UUCP
Mon Sep 26 22:49:09 AEST 1988

In article <231 at serene.CTS.COM> rfarris at serene.cts.com (Rick Farris) writes:
>I do have a little bit of problem with the Bell Tech $145 Unix ads, though.
>And since I proved how reasonable I am in the last three paragraphs, maybe
>you should reconsider them, Dimitri.  :-)
>
>                      _______________________________
>Rick Farris          |     rfarris at serene.cts.com    |   Voice  (619) 259-6793
>POB M                |    ...!uunet!serene!rfarris   |   BBS          259-7757
>Del Mar, CA 92014    |_______________________________|   serene.UUCP  259-3704

Actually I think Bell should do a take off on the Marine/Navy recruiting ads:

"Bell Technologies is looking for a few good customers. If you've got the guts
to go mano-a-mano with a pure AT&T/Intel Unix with no sissy "SysViz" tools. And
if you eat bugs for breakfast and come back for seconds. And you don't know
how to dial a phone when you need technical support, then you're JUST the
customer we're looking for. Let all the sissys join Microport and ISC, we've
got a lean/mean unix at a lean/mean price, just waiting for someone with the
"Right Stuff" to use it. Call us today and show the rest of the world just
what you're made of. Bell Tech unix, it's not just a unix, it's an adventure!"

What do ya think? Do I have a job Dimitri? :)

On the serious side I think Bell is wasting their time selling Unix, the W.G.E.
is MUCH MUCH MUCH hotter than their unix if you ask me. I mean after all, there
are piles of unix vendors out there, but there's only one W.G.E.!

Scott Turner
scotty at l5comp -or- uunet!l5comp!scotty