Hard Disks for AT

John Antypas jantypas at ucrmath.UUCP
Tue Sep 13 16:28:17 AEST 1988

Hello out there!

Can someone out there help me?  I am running Microport Unix Sys V/AT
on a 10Mhtz. AT.  It has a 4038 on it and I'm discovering the need for more
storage.  (Really?!??! :-)   I can buy several items:

	- ST-225 for $225  Is this OK for an AT or will it be destroyed
	- ST-251 for $397  40ms. drive
	- Quantum 42.7M drive from Priority 1 for $297.

What types of drives can an AT use? (Standard MFM Western Digital controller)
How fast or slow do I dare go?  (Budget must be met.)  The extra disk space is
purely for /src storage etc.

Many thanks.

John Antypas -- Soft21 --21st Century Software:
UUCP: {crash, garp, killer, pyramid, reed, ucsd!ucrmath}!soft21!jantypas
Internet: jantypas%soft21.uucp@{garp.MIT.EDU, ucsd.EDU}
Domains:  jantypas@{soft21.Riverside.CA.US, soft21.CTS.COM}