Drawing package for a terminal on Xenix...

id for use with uunet/usenet jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Sat Sep 3 14:14:53 AEST 1988

In article <2230 at cadovax.UUCP>, mitchell at cadovax.UUCP (Mitchell Lerner) writes:
.
. My friend has a business and he uses Xenix to run an Open Systems
. Order Entry, Accounts Recievable, Accounts Payable and Inventory
.
. We looked at Designer that runs on DOS and it's kinda like Paint
. but one can move the objects around and other stuff that I'm not
. real up on.  The problem is that Designer runs on DOS and we can't
. be takeing the system down for this.  Is there anything that we
. can use for billy to do his design work under Xenix over an
. RS-232 connected terminal?
.
. (I suspect that if there is, running it on a terminal will be a
. limiting factor due to the limited graphics on terminals) (???)

If you are running a 386, you might look into VP/ix.  It runs DOS under
Xenix (and others).  I would suggest that you wait for the final  release
rather than  the controlled release (the  controlled  release is buggy)

Jonathan Bayer
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.