no significant bugs in 80286 virtual memory

David Schachter david at daisy.UUCP
Fri Sep 23 10:02:33 AEST 1988

To clear up some confusion:

A few days ago, I mentioned Daisy's proprietary Operating System
"DNIX", a virtual memory, multi-window (multi-job, multi-tasking)
networking operating system.  I've gotten several requests for
information on it.  Daisy still supports DNIX, for the several
thousand Daisy customers who have it.  But DNIX is proprietary.
Our marketing department probably has a pretty brochure full of
generalities.  But you can only get DNIX bundled with other Daisy
software, and sometimes bundled with Daisy hardware.

If you have specific questions about our implementation, please
e-mail me.  But since DNIX is targetted at the 80286, it is
probably only of academic interest now, if that.

Daisy is accessible from a number of usenet paths.  The most
general is probably: uunet!daisy!david.

I apologize for any confusion caused by my earlier message.

				-- David Schachter

(Now, if only I'd remember that "." isn't the way to exit vi's
input mode....)