TeX has arrived

Scott Turner scotty at l5comp.UUCP
Mon Sep 26 22:26:10 AEST 1988

In article <1908 at turnkey.TCC.COM> sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM (Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz) writes:
>Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz    XBBS (alphacm)  714-898-8634
>
>P.S. TeX takes MANY megabytes, so be ready for a shock!

The shock is that even though you get 90 minutes a day and can download as
soon as you sign up, you only get 500K of downloads per day.

And if the TeX is anything like the X10R4 things are even worse. X10R4 is
cut up into 350,000 byte chunks, so you can only grab 350,000 bytes a day!

Last time I looked on uunet TeX was REAL big, might take well into 2 months
to download at 350,000 bytes a day.

Anyone else out there have X10R4 sources online? (The first 350,000 bytes
were REAL nice, I don't think I can wait 10 days :)

Scott Turner
scotty at l5comp -or- uunet!l5comp!scotty

"Ve hafe vays to make you talk! 350,000 bytes per day aught to sofen you
up!"