Can't backup to floppy

Will Nelson will at cygnet.CYGNETSYSTEMS
Sat Sep 17 03:50:56 AEST 1988

Microport called me today, and after comparing notes,
we came up with a better characterization of what the
bug is and how to get around it.

The bug really seems to be in the Merge386 keyboard
driver. The networked kernel that we built from the
Microport .o's (atconf) doesn't include the Merge
.o's. The plan is to boot this kernel to do the
backup onto floppies, and to keep the Merge kernel
around for re-booting later. This allows us to substitute the
one set of floppies after a hard disk re-format, and not have
to load the multiple sets of floppies.

They were more civil than my tirade that I posted yesterday.
Sorry if I ruffled feathers.
I just get upset when I find out that the system can't be backed up.
Now that I have a plan for a workaround, I know that the 80 floppies ( :-( )
we purchased yesterday won't be wasted.
--
Will Nelson		uucp: {decvax!decwrl}!pyramid!oliveb!cygnet!will
Cygnet Systems, Inc.