Problem with Micom ethernet tcp/ip and SysV/AT 2.4

Ray Toy toy at ecse.rpi.edu
Mon Aug 28 10:41:56 AEST 1989

In article <30313 at cci632.UUCP> tvf at ccird7.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) writes:
>While trying to build RCS Version 4.2 for Microport V/AT 2.4, I got the
>following errors from the assembler pass (the file was partime.c):
>
>Assembler: partime.c
>	aline 257	: syntax error
>	aline 258	: syntax error
>	aline 259	: syntax error
>	aline 259	: syntax error
>
>Stop.

	I haven't tried building RCS version 4.2, but an older version
also gave these problems.  If I remember correctly, the offending line
was in the initialization of the structure associated with times.
(Sorry, can't remember exactly what right now.)
	One of the entries is supposed to be a function address, which
is cast to a long.  My ``solution'' was just to change the function
reference into a NULL pointer.  It solved the assembly problem, and
I haven't had any wierd things happen.  If you're a bit more paranoid,
you could probably write a very simple routine that initializes the
appropriate entry with the correct function address.  I haven't done
this though.
	If you still have problems, I can dig up more specific
information.

>Thanks in advance.

	No problem.  Hope this helps.

Ray ----->		toy at ecse.rpi.edu