Dual Seagate 4096 problem on Sys V/AT 2.4 solved!

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Fri Aug 4 04:09:27 AEST 1989

In article <235 at opel.UUCP> johnk at opel.UUCP (John Kennedy) writes:
$Thanks to all who responded to my pleas for help in getting a second
$ST-4096 up and running.  The problem seemed to lie in an assortment
$of undocumented jumpers on the underside of the drive.  Steve Froeschke
$(uunet!conch!steve) provided a list of jumper configurations, as supplied
$to him by Seagate technicians.  This was invaluable information, as
$Seagate has a tech support number which guides you through a touch
$tone menu, only to connect you with a busy signal.

PLEASE post the entire list of jumpers!  I would love to get my hands on
them, but get only busy signals from Seagate as well.

Thanks!

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 312 566-8911], Voice: [+1 312 566-8910]