Missing inodes on V/386 & News

60648000 laurie at ucscb.UCSC.EDU
Thu Aug 3 01:18:48 AEST 1989

In article <130 at paldn.UUCP> pwilcox at paldn.UUCP (Peter McLeod Wilcox) writes:
>rnews is stil running (ps & fgrep).  There is a 3.1 uPort system, but
>Microport seems to finally gone completely belly up, their BBS is
>disconnected again, and as soon as office hours start, their phone is
>taken off the hook.  I don't know if 3.1 fixes the problem but if anyone

There is no uport 3.1 unix. The most recent version is 3.0e.1 which is a uport
internal version number. It is still based on at&t SVR3.0 just like all of the
previous uport 386 unix releases. No changes where made in the s5ialloc module
by uport in the 3.0e.1 release. I beleive that at&t fixed it in there SVR3.1
release.

BTW, Microport is not belly up and they do not take their phone off of the
hook. At the moment, they are a bit short handed and there aren't enough
technical people to take care of the phones and a bbs system. Give them a
chance, they'll soon pop back to life.

Ken Chapin