Tatu Ylonen's SCSI driver

60648000 laurie at ucscb.UCSC.EDU
Thu Aug 3 01:30:48 AEST 1989

In article <8400 at killer.DALLAS.TX.US> wnp at killer.Dallas.TX.US (Wolf Paul) writes:

>Has anyone with some hardware understanding looked at the recently
>posted SCSI driver for System V/386.
>
>I would like to know whether this code is likely to work with other
>SCSI adapters rather than the Seagate ST-01 -- i.e. the Adaptec SCSI
>adapter, etc.

The hardware interface for the Adaptec controllers is as different as can be
from the the Sleezegate. Microport does have an Adaptec 154x device driver
that didn't quite make it out to the masses though. It went thru beta and it
(according to the beta testers and uport internally) was very solid and an
excellent performer. I would suggest that you try to get ahold of Peter at
uport and squeeze a driver out of him.

Ken Chapin