help with modem needed

T. William Wells bill at twwells.uucp
Thu Jan 12 02:29:05 AEST 1989

In article <104 at smosjc.UUCP> john at smosjc.UUCP (John Conover) writes:
: In article <11004 at quacky.mips.COM>, menna at mips.COM (Randy Menna) writes:
: > I need some help connecting a modem to a compac 386 running microport
: > 3.0e.  I am using the serial port that in the dos world is COM1, ttyM00.
: > I have uugetty respawning on the line, and I have set the modem to auto

Uugetty is likely to be the problem. According to John Plocher at
Microport, one should not use uugetty. Use getty instead.

Here is my inittab line:

M0:23:respawn:/etc/getty ttyM00 9600H # dial in line

---
Bill
{ uunet!proxftl | novavax } !twwells!bill