Where do crash dumps go on V/386 ?

T. William Wells bill at twwells.uucp
Fri Jan 6 05:01:12 AEST 1989

In article <183 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
:    I managed to panic my 386 system running V/386 while ...
:                                              It came up telling me
: it was saving a "crash" or "image" file containing 1532 pages. Then
: waited for me to re-boot it.  Question:  where did it put this file ?
: I assume it dumped it somewhere to disk ?  I would like to remove it.

It dumps it to your swap partition. If you want the dump, you copy
your swap partition to some file early in the boot sequence.
Otherwise, the dump just gets overwritten when the system wants the
swap space.

---
Bill
{ uunet!proxftl | novavax } !twwells!bill