386 Xenix 2.2.1 -> 2.3.1 and VP/IX.

Admin root at johncon.UUCP
Sun Jan 29 15:09:52 AEST 1989

In article <203 at ecicrl.UUCP>, clewis at ecicrl.UUCP (Chris Lewis) writes:
> 1) Does anybody know whether it is possible to upgrade a 2.2.1 386
> Xenix system to 2.3.1 without having to do a full install?
> (Compaq 386 if it matters)

The docs for 2.3.1 say you can (chapter 3, Installation Guide),
but I have not tried it ... the C compiler for 2.3.1 is still the
version 2.2.

> 2) will the old VP/IX (1.0.4 - "controlled release" I think) work with
> the new kernel?

Don't know, but many improvements have been made to the new release,
still some nagging problems, though.

> 3) Any problems with Xenix 2.3.1 and WD1007-? ESDI controllers?

I use an AST model 390, 90 Mbyte CDC hard disk with ESDI, but don't
know if it is WD though (it came with the machine) ... seems to work fine.

	John,
	..uunet!smosjc!john