System Crash

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.UUCP
Sun Jan 1 04:08:37 AEST 1989

In article <184 at wa3wbu.UUCP>, john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
] In article <249 at cosi.UUCP>, bill at cosi.UUCP (Bill Michaelson) writes:
] >   Does anyone know what I have to do to get, say, 10 virtual consoles?
] >
]
]      The first thing I did when I installed 3.0e was to set it up for
]   10 virtual consoles like my V/AT had. Everything is already configured
]   and you only need to do a "mknod" for each new device and add entries
]   to /etc/inittab. The way uport has the gettys labelled for each virtual
]   console, you might also want to get fancy and add a gettydef entry for
]   each new virtual console you create. Otherwise, you can simple borrow
]   one of the existing ones. Here are my /dev entries for my virtual
]   consoles:

I just tried that - I did a mknod for cons4, and created an entry for virtcon4
in gettydefs.  When I add the getty to inittab, I get repeated "error 6" from
the getty.  Something I forgot?  Where do I look up what error 6 means?

--
Bill Michaelson - uh... princeton!mccc!cosi!bill, I think.
also at... Voice 609-771-6705  CompuServe 72416,1026