Submission for comp-unix-microport

UNIX-UNIX Cp uucp at tolerant.UUCP
Sat Jan 7 22:20:42 AEST 1989

From: avr at mtgzz.att.com (a.v.reed)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.microport,comp.unix.wizards,comp.unix.questions,comp.unix.xenix
Subject: Prentice-Hall exclusive?
Date: 5 Jan 89 21:45:31 GMT

In article <322 at belltec.UUCP>, dar at belltec.UUCP (Dimitri Rotow) writes:
> If you want to buy it from us, we can't sell it to you (since it is
> UNIX licensed material and AT&T has given Prentice Hall an exclusive
> on selling UNIX manuals outside of an association with a UNIX software
> license) *unless* you also buy 3.2.  Their rules, not ours.

An exclusive to Prentice Hall? I doubt it, especially since UNIX-related
stuff is usually available either to anyone willing to pay for it, or to
no-one, with the possible exception of academic researchers, outside the
company. I know for a fact that CBS College Publishing, and its Holt,
Rinehart and Winston subsidiary, also publich reprints of AT&T UNIX(R)
documentation; there may be others.

					Adam Reed (avr at mtgzz.ATT.COM)