Problems w/U-port (longish)

root at spdyne.UUCP root at spdyne.UUCP
Wed Jan 18 17:46:00 AEST 1989

I was wondering if uport people were going to respond to this at all.
(at least by E-Mail...)

> 	The reason that I got the update in the first place, was that I
> following things `were fixed' in this version:

> 	1) Virtual Comm function to com1 & 2
> 	2) Floating Point now works on a Compaq 386/20
> 	3) Direct attached devices now work.
> 	4) The Termcap works correctly.
> 	5) The console problems with ^S/^Q are cured.
> 	6) The tty driver that I had miss 5/6 keystrokes (non-consistantly)
>           should work..
>
> Well: So far I have everything I wanted EXCEPT for Items 1-6!!!!!! Yep, you
> guessed it I can't tell ANY difference between this version and the OLD one
> except that I have gcc out there and it works with floating point. (is this
> the `fix' for #2?)

	-- Etc...

		Sorry to all the rest of you out there, but it's 1:45 Am and I'm
	still P.O.'ed about the promisses that I got about this...You would
think that given 3 weeks, I would have heard SOMETHING from them..
Is their News feed as unreliable as their Mail?  Really instills Confidence
in their product!!

	- Chert Pellett
	  root at spdyne