Berkeley UNIX on 386

Ken Seefried iii ken at gatech.edu
Sat Jan 14 00:15:39 AEST 1989

In article <18267 at dhw68k.cts.com> allan at dhw68k.cts.com (Alan Perry) writes:
>I am posting this here because it seems to be the place that 386 UNIXs are
>discussed.
>
>Is there any implementations of Berkeley UNIX for the 386?  How about any
>plans to implement System VR4 on the 386?  Just asking.
>--
>alan perry     UUCP: {trwrb,hplabs}!felix!dhw68k!allan

Sun Microsystems SunOS (Berkeley 4.3) has been ported to the 80386
and is availible on the Sun 386i.  I have heard roumors that SunOS
also might run on the Compaq 386, though it seems unlikely that Sun
would release it for that purpose.

Intel and AT&T are porting System V release 4 to the 80386, though
I do not know when it will be released.

	ken seefried iii	...!{akgua, allegra, amd, harpo, hplabs,
	ken at gatech.edu		masscomp, rlgvax, sb1, uf-cgrl, unmvax,
	                     	ut-ngp, ut-sally}!gatech!ken

        "Children is more trouble than human beings!" -- Popeye the Sailor