gcc version

David F. Carlson dave at micropen
Wed Jan 4 03:33:41 AEST 1989

In article <6865 at log-hb.se>, staffan at log-hb.se (Staffan K-E Eriksson) writes:
> I have seen articles about the Gnu C-compiler running under Microport/386 Unix
> From what version of GCC is this 386-backend present ?
> Which is the latest GCC version available?
> -- Staffan Eriksson  TeleLOGIC AB  SWEDEN

Kind of silly but Stallman picked a bad name for GNU-CC as the GCC referenced
here is Greenhills CC.  Greenhills has been making highly optimizing compilers
for other machines for years.  Too bad the name space is so small that
duplication occurred so soon.

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
micropen!dave at ee.rochester.edu

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll