386/SX Chip

Thomas B Boutell tboutell at vax1.acs.udel.EDU
Wed Jan 11 06:30:39 AEST 1989

In article <3114 at ihuxv.ATT.COM> bareta at ihuxv.ATT.COM (Benyukhis) writes:

>Can anyone on the net describe what kind of an animal the 386/SX
>chip is, as well as its price and availability if possible.
>
>Thanks much,
>
>Edward Benyukhis

The 386/SX is a variation of the 80386 processor without the 32- bit
bus. This allows it to be inexpensively designed into new versions of
systems that previously sported the '286. (It's not a drop- in replace-
ment, however.) I'm not certain of current pricing. Volume production
should place it well below the price of a regular '386, which is the
intended purpose, however.

UNDISCLAIMER: The above are my opinions. An occasional fact may creep in.
Message packaged by weight, not by volume. >>> POLYMORPH & *SPEED* YOUR DOG!<<<
"Never mind the bollocks, here's..." tboutell at vax1.acs.udel.edu