Submission for comp-unix-microport

UNIX-UNIX Cp uucp at tolerant.UUCP
Sat Jan 7 21:35:42 AEST 1989

From: root at spdyne.UUCP
Newsgroups: comp.unix.microport
Subject: Re: System Crash
Date: 5 Jan 89 21:24:00 GMT
Nf-ID: #R:cosi.UUCP:249:spdyne:1700009:004:1146
Nf-From: spdyne.UUCP!root    Jan  5 15:24:00 1989

In reference to the virtual consoles question:

>>>     Do I have to bring the System down or what?
>>>

>>    You should not have to bring the system down. The only exception
>>to what you and I are doing is that I did not use the plain vanilla
>>kernel that came with the system. I immediately generated a kernel
>>with the Everex Tape driver, rebooted and then added the extra
>>consoles. I did not do anything in linkkit to enable them. It is
>[...]
>
>Use patch to look at a kernel variable called 'kd_numttys'.  I This
>is (I think) the maximum number of virtual consoles.  It is set in the
>linkkit to be 32.  It may however only be four in the distributed
>version.
>
>-brian

	Well, no luck, I too don't have a plain vanilla system, I have linked
in a Digi-board driver for additional comm ports.. (Comm/Xi board). I looked
at that variable and it came back 0x20 or 32 just like yours. So what do
I try next?

	- Chert Pellett
	root at spdyne

--
Brian D. Cuthie                                 uunet!umbc3!cbw1!brian
Columbia, MD                                    brian at umbc3.umd.edu

/* End of text from spdyne:uport */