386 AT Keyboard and Microport 2.2

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Tue Jan 31 07:45:22 AEST 1989

I'd like to set up an .emacsrc file for MicroEmacs so that I can assign
things to the function keys, but I haven't had any success.  With no
.emacsrc loaded, the unshifted F1-F10 give R through Y, shifted gives r
through y, ^F1 does a "CR-reverse-LF", ^F3 is search-reverse, ^F4 is
search-forward, alt F1-F4 deal with virtual consoles, and the others
seem dead.  The arrow keypad (interrogated with ^X ? <key>) has up=A,
dn=B, lft=D, rt=C, pgup=U, pgdn=V, home=H, end=Y, Insert=@.

I have TERM=vt100.  I also have an emacs.rc file that I use with emacs
under DOSMERGE that uses function keys, and it works perfectly.  Can
anyone tell me how to create an .emacsrc that works under Unix just like
the emacs.rc works under DOSMerge?

Thanks.

Pete

--
Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Mercer College			CompuServe: 70240,334