help with modem needed

Randy Menna menna at mips.COM
Wed Jan 11 04:41:29 AEST 1989

I need some help connecting a modem to a compac 386 running microport
3.0e.  I am using the serial port that in the dos world is COM1, ttyM00.
I have uugetty respawning on the line, and I have set the modem to auto
answer mode (it is a hayes compatible).  The problem I am having is that
whenever I dial in to the system the modem answers the phone but doesn't
talk at all.  So my conections time out.  I really need to be able to
call in to this system, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Randy
--
Randy Menna					home: 408-292-0628
UUCP: {decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!mips!menna 	play: 408-991-0249