Jetroff and V/386

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.UUCP
Fri Jan 20 12:26:37 AEST 1989

In article <203 at bales.UUCP> nat at bales.UUCP (Nathaniel Stitt) writes:

>Can anyone suggest a good source for a HPLJII printer?  I plan to get Jetroff
>as soon as I can find the best deal on a printer.  The lowest price I have
>seen is $1698 at Jade.

Be careful when you shop for LJ II's that you find out whether or not
the price includes a toner cartridge.  Many places are trying to
advertise the lowest prices and have unbundled the price of the toner
cartridge.  Also, retail computer stores here in the NY area have
prices on LJ II's that rival mail order.  I bought a LJ II in 1987
for $1700 with toner cart and tax at a retail computer store no more
than 3 miles away.  The peace of mind knowing that I could return it
was worth the extra $50.  The best price I've seen is $1565 (but I
don't know if that was "with or without").

--
Rick Richardson | JetRoff "di"-troff to LaserJet Postprocessor|uunet!pcrat!dry2
PC Research,Inc.| Mail: uunet!pcrat!jetroff; For anon uucp do:|for Dhrystone 2