Submission for comp-unix-microport

UNIX-UNIX Cp uucp at tolerant.UUCP
Fri Jan 6 07:57:48 AEST 1989

From: bill at cosi.UUCP (Bill Michaelson)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.microport
Subject: Re: Problems w/U-port  (longish)
Date: 1 Jan 89 20:17:22 GMT

In article <1700003 at spdyne>, elwiz at spdyne..UUCP writes:
]
]
] 	If I put the following lines in /etc/dosdev:
]
] com1	v	/dev/vcom1	# This is virtual com1 device
] com1	r	/dev/tty00	Assign to a line
]
]
] I can then run `dos +acom1' or +acom1=/dev/vcom1 or any of the rest of the
] examples and I get the SAME result... Procomm can Send BUT NOT RECEIVE!
] as far as I can tell, it is NOT getting any interrupts..  This is a real
] pain, I wanted to use virtual access as the direct seemed to be causing
] my system to crash and burn (Hang >> Power down to reset), when I had a
] ...[stuff deleted]
]

I can't get serial communications to work under DOS/Merge either.  I reported
the problem to Microport.  Their response was that they knew about the problem
and they had no specific plans to fix it.  Maybe they don't care?
I had hoped the problem would be fixed with 3.0e and DOS/Merge 1.1, but it
wasn't.  <sigh>

--
Bill Michaelson - uh... princeton!mccc!cosi!bill, I think.
also at... Voice 609-771-6705  CompuServe 72416,1026