tape streamers question

pri=-10 Stuart Lynne sl at van-bc.UUCP
Sun Jan 8 18:56:40 AEST 1989

>Not so! the PAL locks no one out ... you can run SCO just fine with our
>boards using the built-in SCO drivers.  Just make sure to set the interrupts,
>etc, correctly.  Note that SCO itself quotes Bell Tech boards as supported
>streamer tape plug ins in the SCO documentation.
>
>- dimitri rotow

Believe the man. It works fine with SCO built in drivers.

I'm using an XTC external with SCO 2.3, using SCO's drivers.

You may have to re-address the drive. Takes about 2 minutes.

I've also used an Archive 499 type controller with the Bell Tech drive and
SCO's drivers. Worked fine.

There was no perceptible difference in speed between Bell Tech Controller
and driver; Archive Controller and Bell Tech drive; and Archive Controller
with Archive drive when all where used with SCO's drivers. They were all
*very* fast.

(For those who need to know, Bell Techs drive - at least in the box I have -
is a Wangtec. Archive's was a Sidewinder I believe.)

The only annoyance I have with the Bell Tech card is that it doesn't have an
internal cable header, so I can't use it with an internal drive.

--
Stuart.Lynne at wimsey.bc.ca {ubc-cs,uunet}!van-bc!sl     Vancouver,BC,604-937-7532