Submission for comp-unix-microport

UNIX-UNIX Cp uucp at tolerant.UUCP
Sat Jan 7 00:36:58 AEST 1989

From: tkevans at fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.microport
Subject: uPort 2.4 'cron' and/or HDB 'Poll'
Date: 2 Jan 89 14:25:20 GMT

I'm finding that uPort 2.4 seems to have corrected the old 'cron' bug
(i.e., everything ran twice), _except_ with respect to UUCP calls
generated by the HDB 'uudemon.poll'.  These still seem to get generated
in twos.  (I run this script via cron every half hour, then run
'uusched' a little later--also every half hour.)  Whenever
'uudemon.poll' generates its "phony" work file for a system, it seems
to do so in such a way that the remote system gets called _twice_,
a half hour apart.

Anyone know anything about this?

--
UUCP:  ...!{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!aplcen!wb3ffv!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:  tkevans%fallst at wb3ffv.ampr.org
OTHER: ...!attmail!fallst!tkevans
Tim Evans  2201 Brookhaven Court, Fallston, MD  21047   (301) 965-3286