Another fix for the SYSV inode problem

Eric Schnoebelen eric at egsner.UUCP
Mon Jan 30 14:35:35 AEST 1989

In article <347 at twwells.uucp> bill at twwells.UUCP (T. William Wells) writes:
-Two things happened today (really yesterday, but this fix took all
-night): first, my system crashed twice due to the inode bug, and
-second, I received Jim Valerio's stuff on fixing the inode problem for
-System V/386 Release 3. I'm running Microport's 3.0e; and here is
-what is going on.

[ long dissertation on chasing and fixing System V inode bug..  ]

-Then rebuild your kernel. All kernels made after this change will
-have the fix.
-
----
-Bill
-{ uunet!proxftl | novavax } !twwells!bill

My questions are:

	1.  Will this fix work on 2.2... ( I realize the addresses are
probably different, any hints what the new(old?) addresses are? )

	2. ( and more importantly.. )  Has a similar fix been found for
Microport System V/AT?  I am currently running fsck nightly from a
crontab to keep news from killing my system, and would like to stop.

	Thanks in advance
		Eric

--
Eric Schnoebelen