Still more modem problems

Andrew ValenciaSeattle vandys at hpcupt1.HP.COM
Sat Jan 14 03:43:17 AEST 1989

/ hpcupt1:comp.unix.microport / menna at mips.COM (Randy Menna) /  6:10 pm  Jan 12, 1989 /

>Well, now the modem talks to the getty, just fine, well not quite just
>fine but all the time.  The getty keeps trying to spawn a login, the
>modems lights flash, it hangs up one the computer and does it again.

	Try duplicating the inittab entry *verbatim* three times in a row
in inittab.  Total black magic, but apparently uPort's sysadmin package
does this and it solved the problem for me.

				Andy