Microport is back...

Norman Kohn nvk at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Fri Apr 13 10:16:59 AEST 1990

In article <1990Apr11.183621.6055 at mccc.uucp> root at mccc.uucp (0000-Admin(0000)) writes:
>...(b) Microport has been
>bought and they are coming out of Chapter 11, (c) they are working on
>R4.0, target release date is end of this year, and (d) they will be
>offering a trade-in/upgrade policy for 3.0 customers who wish to go to 4.0.

Whoopee!  Seriouslym, though, unless things have changed, they'll
have some problems.  I'd expect, at minimum:

- returned phone calls
- evidence of serious tech support and software development/fixes
  IN HOUSE

who wants to buy the new version if it won't be maintained/fixed
when broken?  What better way to establish its seriousness than
by taking care of the loose ends in the old version?  (I know,
they need revenue.  So get things right and charge reasonable
and appropriate fees for enhancements etc.)

Perhaps they'd consider starting by sending a mailing to those
of us who bought from them before Chapter 11, detailing such
things as availability of upgrades/fixes (like the famous SCSI
device driver, so long in "beta" form).

The last time I called, the promised items were shipped... but
I had the distinct impression that there was only one person in
the office, and that "tech support" hadn't been hired yet.

Perhaps they can lure John Plocher back.

--
Norman Kohn   		| ...ddsw1!nvk
Chicago, Il.		| days/ans svc: (312) 650-6840