Looking for a Book about awk & sed

RANDY S WELCH rwelch at diana.cair.du.edu
Mon Oct 22 15:38:55 AEST 1990

In article <13820001 at hpfcbig.SDE.HP.COM> szmyd at hpfcbig.SDE.HP.COM (Bill Szmyd) writes:

   Try the recent update on AWK from Aho, Kernighan and Weinberger, "The AWK
   Programming Language".  Published by Addison-Wesley Publishing Company.  I
   paid about $22 (US) for it.  Doesn't cover SED but is great for AWK.

   Note that to run some of the constructions they use you need the new
   version of AWK.  On some machines this is found as NAWK.

   --
	   Bill Szmyd
	   Software Engineering Systems Division

One might also try the following:

The GAWK manual that comes with GNU awk, a nice manual.
Some older SYS V Programming Manuals have a chapter on awk programming (
my copy of the book coves the old awk, I've seen newer copies that cover
nawk )

-randy
Randy Welch   Mail to :  ...!ncar!scicom!bldr!randy or rwelch at du.edu
Boulder, CO   VOICE   :  303-442-6717
"Unfortunately, life contains an unavoidable element of unpredictability"
-David Lynch "The Angriest Dog in the World"