The nature of wizards

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Tue Oct 16 01:27:12 AEST 1990

According to dave at viper.Lynx.MN.Org (David Messer):
>"To avoid confusing the reader by using a gender-specific pronoun where
>proper English usage is to use a gender-unspecified pronoun, namely 'he.'"

Did I use "proper English"?  Strictly speaking, I did not.

Someday, though -- perhaps due to people like myself who are willing
to be "confusing" -- proper English usage may change to the optional
use of "she" or "he" according to the whim of the writer.

Such change won't happen on its own.  A few must be first...
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
    "I've been cranky ever since my comp.unix.wizards was removed