What's next for comp.unix?

Gary Heston gary at sci34hub.UUCP
Fri Oct 5 00:39:53 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct3.020951.7499 at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> xanthian at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
> [ first two proposals deleted ]
>3) the wizard-wannabes will go somewhere and make their own private
>net, where they can go hide their lack of potty training and exchange
>notes of congratulation with each other UtHDotUotDoUWCL.
>
>Not a pretty prospect.

I think that this would be the optimal solution. With their own wiz.*
hierarchy, they'd go away and quit wasting our time, net.bandwith, and
disc space with nonsense like the name of the newsgroup would make them
violate their license agreement. Then, people who want to talk about
device driver problems, kernel bugs, and such can use c.u.internals or
c.u.esoterica, whichever ends up after Chips' current CFD/CFV cycle.

Posting a newgroup is NOT going to help their case, either. I rmgrouped
it here immediately, and will do so every time a non-vote-approved
newgroup shows up.

--
    Gary Heston     { uunet!sci34hub!gary  }    System Mismanager
   SCI Technology, Inc.  OEM Products Department  (i.e., computers)