What's next for comp.unix?

Dan Bernstein brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu
Thu Oct 4 14:19:33 AEST 1990

In article <768 at sci34hub.UUCP> gary at sci34hub.sci.com (Gary Heston) writes:
> In article <10833:Oct221:07:0590 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
> >  comp.unix.kernel   Current UNIX kernel discussions
> Oh, won't any posting to this violate UNIX source license agreements?

Yes, in fact: from some people, it will. I really do want a group for
kernel internals discussions, and AT&T really can force its licensees
not to talk about kernel internals.

What some people were complaining about before is that unix-wizards was
being reduced to comp.unix.internals, when the original group had lots
of discussions having nothing to do with the guts of the kernel.

---Dan