PD ed required

Jerry Heyman zebr360 at ut-emx
Sat Sep 15 13:19:20 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep14.012153.12702 at ibmpcug.co.uk> dylan at ibmpcug.co.uk (Matthew Farwell) writes:
>Has anyone got a pd (with source code) version of the ed editor?
>
>I need to have a secure version of it ie no shell escapes.
>
>Dylan.
>--

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but Chapter 6 of "Software
Tools in Pascal", written by Kernighan and Plauger builds an ed-like editor
in Pascal.  If you have the time, you could always translate the code and
then build it yourself, or if you have a Pascal compiler available - just
enter the code verbatim.  The editor is quite powerful, and is fully
functional.

>Matthew J Farwell                 | Email: dylan at ibmpcug.co.uk

jerry heyman
--
Jerry Heyman                  by day: IBM AWD, AIX Development
zebr360 at emx.utexas.edu        by nite: Adjunct Lecturer at St. Edward's Univ.

*All comments are my own and should not be construed to represent any one else