A real hack way to "lock my tty"

Paul John Falstad pfalstad at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Fri Sep 28 06:20:51 AEST 1990

In article <2863 at litchi.bbn.com> rsalz at bbn.com (Rich Salz) writes:
>This only works in C-shell derivatives.  Type "goto <SomePassword>" and
>then enough blank lines to clear the screen.
>
>When you come back, type "<SomePassword>:" and RETURN.

I hope someone tries that at my site so I can type control-D and then
poke around in his account until he comes back to his terminal.

>As an interesting exercise, type the following lines
>	foo:
>	csh
>	exit
>	goto foo

Interesting.  You can break out of it with kill -STOP $$.

If Lafontaine's elk would spurn Tom Jones, the engine must be our head, the
dining car our esophagus, the guardsvan our left lung, the kettle truck our
shins, the first class compartment the piece of skin at the nape of the neck,
and the level crossing an electric elk called Simon.