What happened to Unix Review?

Tom Frauenhofer tvf at cci632.UUCP
Fri Sep 14 06:16:55 AEST 1990

In article <37133 at ut-emx> zebr360 at ut-emx (Jerry Heyman) writes:
>While everyone seems to be retelling their favorite foul up with Unix mags,
>I couldn't resist adding my two cents.

Neither can I.

>Four times I've tried to subscribe to Unix Today.  Twice out of inserts from
>a copy at work, once through usenet and contacting Mitch Greenberg (I believe
>thats who I corresponded with) and finally when they sent me an invitation
>to subscribe.  All of this in the past year, and I still have yet to receive
>my first copy...

I subscribed March '89, got my first issue November '89, got told to renew
December '89, it stopped Feb. '90.  I sent in my first renewal request in
Dec. '89.  I sent another in Jan. '90.  I sent e-mail to Mr. Greenberg, who
said he'd look into it.  He told me I didn't send in a card.

Another co-worker had a similar story.  I don't know anyone who's ever gotten
decent service from their subscription department.  This level of incompetance
is intolerable.

I think that they should either get their house in order or we should boycott
that rag.

>Guess I'll have to get all my information from the 'net' instead :-)

Probably more accurate a source. :-(
Thomas V. Frauenhofer, WA2YYW		cci632!ccird2!tvf at uunet.uu.net
	tvf1477 at ma.isc.rit.edu      atexnet!kodak!swamps!frau!tvf at uunet.uu.net
"Why don't you try acting?  It's much easier."
	- Laurence Olivier to Dustin Hoffman during filming of "Marathon Man"