Fast file scan

Peter Eriksson pen at lysator.liu.se
Thu Sep 27 02:58:51 AEST 1990

I`d like to know how to scan all files in a directory (and it's sub-
directories) for a specific string (without regular expressions) as fast
as possible with standard Unix tools and/or some special programs.

(I've written such a program, and would like to compare my implementation
of it with others.)

(Using the find+fgrep combination is slooooow....)

Any ideas?

--
Peter Eriksson                                              pen at lysator.liu.se
Lysator Computer Club                             ...!uunet!lysator.liu.se!pen