unix appointment scheduler?

Jerry Heyman zebr360 at ut-emx.uucp
Sat Sep 22 14:08:12 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep21.203155.20193 at athena.mit.edu> ibekhaus at athena.mit.edu (Ira B. Ekhaus) writes:
>I am looking for an appointment scheduler for unix.
>Perhaps an expanded version of cal.

Sounds like you could use some of the tools out of the Andrew Toolkit (ATK)
from Carnegie-Mellon.  They have things like mr.cal (a calendar function that
allows you to query other users and set up meetings), mr.reminder (which will
actually pop up a window reminding you when you're supposed to be in a meet-
ing), and other such utilities.

>It should be character based, and allow for entering appointments
>,reminders and notes.

Unfortunately, I don't think that ATK is character based (can't be, it runs
on X11), so maybe not such a good idea after all.

>thanks,
>ira ekhaus
>ibekhaus at athena.mit.edu

jerry
--
Jerry Heyman                  by day: IBM AWD, AIX Development
zebr360 at emx.utexas.edu        by nite: Adjunct Lecturer at St. Edward's Univ.

*All comments are my own and should not be construed to represent any one else