Soviet Unix User Group

Dmitry V. Volodin dvv at hq.demos.su
Fri Sep 21 19:15:37 AEST 1990

	For those people who don't receive alt.folklore.computers:

	What DEMOS is:

	We are a co-operative - that is a group-private enterprise -
	formed by a bunch of programmers who were involved in the
	development of UNIX-compatibles for a variety of Soviet-made
	(Western-compatible, partially compatible, non-compatible
	and that doesn't look very computerish for westerners) computers.
	The name DEMOS was a generic name for these OSes. It is

	1) A Russian abbreviation for the 'Interactive Unified Portable
	   Operating System'

	2) (ancient Greek) People, citizens.
Dmitry V. Volodin <dvv at hq.demos.su>     |
fax:    +7 095 233 5016                 |    We are smart guys, ain't we?
phone:  +7 095 231 2129                 |
#! rnews 1246
Newsgroups: comp.unix.misc