File & Comm Server?

Norbert Bladt nbladt at aut.UUCP
Tue Sep 25 22:16:47 AEST 1990

jmm at skivs.UUCP (Joel M. Miller) writes:

>I have to set up a unix network in a scientific and administrative
>environment consisting of about 50 stations, some organized into
>workgroups.  We have a lot of PC's and Mac's to connect (Ethernet,

[Text deleted]

>What should I look at as file and communication server
>(RS6000/AIX, SparkStation, MacIIfx/AUX, DEC)?
We have HP 9000/835 for a purpose like that (comm server). It's fast and
works well.
(We use a Sparc 4 /490 as a file server and as a backup system for the HP
bit never needed that).

Look at HP. Here it is cheaper than DEC (and better).

Norbert Bladt.
--
Please use this path as return address. DON'T USE THE RETURN PATH IN THE HEADER
Norbert Bladt, Ascom Autelca AG, Worbstr. 201, CH-3073 Guemligen, Switzerland