nroff <--> RTF converter

Norman Graham norman at d.cs.okstate.edu
Sun Sep 30 07:39:35 AEST 1990

>From article <15644 at yunexus.YorkU.CA>, by gall at yunexus.YorkU.CA (Norm Gall):
>
> I desperately need a utility that will convert nroff/troff documents
> to something like Rich Text Format (RTF).  I work on a Macintosh with
> MS Word, but a converter to any major wp package would be great.

Even though it doesn't handle nroff/troff, you may be interested in
a MPW tool I've written. The following discription is from it's header.
Read '\b' as 'backspace'.

    Man2RTF is a quick hack to convert a text file to Rich Text Format.
    It converts some of the control sequences common in Un*x files into
    the equivalent RTF character formatting. It converts the following
    sequences:

        "a\ba"          =>  Bold 'a'
        "a\ba\ba"       =>  Bold 'a'
        "a\ba\ba\ba"    =>  Bold 'a'
        "_\ba"          =>  Underlined 'a'
        "_\ba\ba"       =>  Underlined Bold 'a'

If there's enough interest, I'll hack it to run under Un*x and post
it to comp.sources.mac.
--
Norman Graham   <norman at a.cs.okstate.edu>   {cbosgd,rutgers}!okstate!norman
The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views of